Friday, June 23, 2006

So THIS is where Cliff is

When Cliff called tonight, I asked him the name of the car show he's attending, and Googled it.  It's "Back To The Fifties Weekend.", if you want to check out the website.  Cliff says he's met lots of nice folks, and has seen unbelievably beautiful cars.

On another note, the results of Cliff's recent bloodwork arrived in the mail today:  Total cholesterol, 107 (desirable is less that 200); HDL, 40 (desirable is over 44, but he's close); LDL, 50 (desirable is less than 70); Triglycerides, 84 (50 - 150 desirable).

The doctor himself wrote, at the bottom of the page, "These #'s look good!  Stay on Lipitor 40 and repeat, 1 yr."

I'm doing a happy dance here, and Cliff is doing one in Minnesota, I'm sure.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW those are GREAT lab results!!  I've NEVER seen cholesterol that low!  You're feeding him well, Donna!
Have a good weekend.~~~Pamela

Anonymous said...

wow that's great news on cliff!!  I'm on Lipitor also.. but only Lipitor 20  I don't know the breakdown like you have here but my "total" went from 280 down to 165 on it...  I am testing taking it every other day now and sometime next week (if the storms ever stop) I will go for a blood test to see how it does on less Lipitor.  (i hate pills!)  not to mention Lipitor costs a small fortune and there's no generic for it..sigh.  Anyway.. this is great news!!

checked the website.. my X had a "hotrod" he built using a 1937 Ford Tudor body which was really neat, and I had the 55 Vickie so we went to many car shows in florida when i was married and lived there... they were fun shows.

Before that we had the motorcycles and did alot of "poker runs" .. i drove a Honda and he had a small Harley.  So I know how you and Cliff enjoy both!!

Anonymous said...

Those looks really good. Helen

Anonymous said...

thats such wonderful news..... I hope my numbers are getting closer to normal too.... Good job!!!!!  Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thank the good Lord, that is such wonderful news.  I'd be celebrating too !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

What excellent news!  Cliffs numbers sure are good!  Go Cliff!!!!  Yeaaaaay!

Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Waitingtoexhale/entries/1134

Anonymous said...

well all his numbers are great good for Cliff enjoy the happy dance.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!  Those are awesome bloodwork numbers!!  Looks like he'll be around for many more decades!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

that is good news!
Marti

Anonymous said...

Great news for Cliff, my good cholesterol is low, she recommended more exercise, LOL  Linda

Anonymous said...

Great news!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been away for a few days...but doing the happy dance with you!!! Great news!
June