The cardiologist seemed totally pleased with Cliff's progress. That's the good news.
Here's the not-so-good news: Cliff's next visit there is December 21. They're calling this a six-month checkup, but six months would have been October 24. Just like today was the one-month checkup, even though it's been seven weeks.
Anyhow... this would mean Cliff won't be going back to work until after December 21.
It could be worse: He draws 100% pay for three months (till the end of July), then it drops to 80%; I'm not sure how long that lasts. We can manage pretty well on that amount, considering I'll soon be drawing my little bit of social security money; I'll get my first allotment in mid-September.
But Cliff isn't real happy about being off work that long. He's thinking of waiting until the end of July, then seeing if the doctor would approve him to go back to work if he lets somebody else lift the dies to his machine. His job is not physically demanding at all, except for the occasional lifting, a few times a night.
Heat is a concern at work, too: the doctor acted like Cliff should retire rather than risk the 90+ degree temperatures at work in summertime. Cliff figures he'll be fine, and really, I do too. Sometimes we just don't have all the choices we'd like.
All in all, the news IS good. Cliff's doing great, feeling better every day, and can now lift 20 pounds rather than 5. The 20-pound limit stays in force until six months after surgery.
I'm just glad to have him here.