Thursday, June 8, 2006

Branson, here we come!

We decided it's time for a weekend vacation, so I'm getting ready to go to Branson.  I've reserved a camping spot at Table Rock State Park for two nights.  The camper hasn't been used since the Missouri State Fair last year, and probably would have been sitting idle all this year if not for Cliff's heart surgery... because we'd have been going everywhere on the motorcycle. 

We want to go on the Showboat Branson Bell dinner cruise, for sure.  Except for the meal there, I'll be cooking healthy stuff in the camper.  It's supposed to be hot,  so we might take in one of the IMAX movies in the heat of the day Saturday.

I know we should see different music shows that we've never attended, but we love Moe Bandy and Mickey Gilley so much, it's hard to stay away from their places.  Cliff and I are stuck in the 60's, 70's, and 80's, when it comes to country music.  You know, the redneck honky-tonk drinkin'-and-cheatin' songs.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!!!
June

Anonymous said...

WOW, sounds like a fun time! ENJOY you two.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Mo.....my mom used to play in those Honky-Tonks ! So this kid knows a good drinkin' and cheatin' song when she hears one.....LOL. Only, it was in the 50s when she was in the Honky Tonk band. She and Dad re-dedicated their lives to the Lord and mom became the church pianist around 1953.....Honky Tonk then made an exit and gospel music entered our home. Mom had 'God' given talent and could play any song she heard. You know, the play by 'ear' thing. So we had all sorts of music in our house. Anyway.....hope you and Cliff have a great get-a-way. Sing a chorus of 'I Can't Stop Loving You" for me.  Or maybe, "The Girls All Get Prettier At Closin' Time" !!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go with you!!  Sounds like it will be a terrific time.
Missie

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a greta time! I am so glad yall are getting out and about!

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry that  you only put one picture!.....I wanted more, more for my nosy self.  Best wishes for your trip.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!  
Pamela

Anonymous said...

I am so envious right now I could spit!! We stayed in a cabin in Reeds Spring years ago on Table Rock Lake around Thanksgiving. We were at Silver Dollar City for the tree lighting the night after Thanksgiving. We went to Bass Pro, the zoo, what a great vacation we had that year! We also stayed at the Deer Run Inn for a couple of nights. And no, I didn't get to Branson - well, I didn't get to stop at least - I'm the only country western fan in the house and no one besides me wanted to meet Roy Clark.

Anonymous said...

have fun, I went to silver dollar city before.  

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are in Branson, as I write this, but I'm sooo behind on alerts, as usual!  I hope you and Cliff are having a wonderful time, Donna!  You both deserve it!  Can't wait to see the pics that I know you will be taking! :)

Hugs
Jackie