Thursday, March 16, 2006

weekend assignment #103

Weekend Assignment #103: List the songs you'd play to kick a party into gear. You can choose up to five. And if you want to explain why those five, that's good too. It can of course, be any kind of music from any era -- and it can be any kind of party, too. Hey, it's your party. You're in charge of the jukebox, my friend.

1.  Old Time Rock And Roll - Bob Seger

2.  Wipeout - The Ventures

3.  T-R-O-U-B-L-E - Travis Tritt

4.  Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin

5.  Burnout - Green Day

Let nobody ever say I'm stuck in one era.  I think I've covered everything from the 50's to the present century.  I chose them all because THEY ROCK!

*the following is edited in because I missed seeing the extra credit part

Extra Credit: Name the song to play to start winding down the party.

"I Hate Goodbyes" - Bobby Bare; here are the lyrics:

Softly close the door behind you
How it hurts me to see you go
Gently break the tie that binds you
And this heart that loves you so

If you're sure you won't be staying
Then just walk on out of my life
There's just two words left for saying
And the Lord knows how I hate goodbyes

And nothing's born to live forever
But oh how it hurts to see it die
First it's always then it's never
And the Lord knows how I hate goodbyes

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY...did I think you were going to include Friends in Low Places?  LOL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party. I don't know if I could think of five rockin' songs. LOL!
Angela

Anonymous said...

I always love to share with people the types of things that can be found in your music collection.  Everything from praise and worship to country to AC/DC to American Indian stuff.  I've seen eclectic, but I think you go beyond that! LOL

Anonymous said...

Mo, your first two choices I would have picked as well, but I don't know the other three songs, but knowing your taste in music, I probably would like them too!  I say, Let's have a party!!!!!!!!...........Sam

Anonymous said...

Yeah lets dance Old Time Rock And Roll. Paula

Anonymous said...

great songs you chose.

Anonymous said...

great list! I actually know all of them :)

let the good times roll!

betty

Anonymous said...

I  am ready to party now
Marti

Anonymous said...

Excellent choices, although I don't think I've ever heard the Travis Tritt song. And, no, I don't want to, either.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/