Thursday, January 19, 2006

Weekend assignment

Weekend Assignment #95: The Best Money You Ever Spent


Welcome to the first of five Journaler-suggested Weekend Assignments, leading up to the 100th Weekend Assignment a few weeks from now. This week's special Weekend Assignment was suggested by Teeisme57:

"My ex-husband always said the best 10 bucks he ever spent was buying his dog, Ace, from the local animal shelter. What's the best money you've ever spent? Whether it's something you love, something you use all the time or something that doesn't owe you a nickel, what is it?"

I'd have to say it's my horse, Blue.  He's given me so much pleasure.  A morning ride on Blue can turn a bad day into a good one.  He'll take me on a two-hour adventure through the countryside; then, he'll patiently plod around the yard with a grandchild on his back, slow and steady... and go another round with a different child, until every kid has had her turn.

The best $1,000 I ever spent was on Blue. 

"Extra Credit: Aside from food, what's the next purchase you plan to make?"

This time of year we don't plan to make any unnecessary purchases; money is just too tight since I've quit work.  I plan to accompany Cliff's sister and her husband to Barnes and Noble tomorrow night, and if I find a super-bargain on the right book (I love their bargain books) I might buy something there.

If you want to participate in the weekend assignment, leave a link to your journal entry with the assignment at John Scalzi's journal in the comment section.

No comments: