Thursday, November 17, 2005

WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT

Weekend Assignment #86: Thankfully Remembered

Weekend Assignment #86: Who are you thankful for -- who you won't be able to spend this Thanksgiving with? This is a chance to tell us about the people you care about who will be far away from you this holiday, or who have passed on but remain in your heart.

I'm thankful for my son and the three grandchildren he's blessed me with.

Cliff and I, along with his younger sister, her husband, and one of Cliff's brothers, are traveling together to Wisconsin this Thanksgiving to visit the older sister of the two.  We'll have lots of fun on the road going and coming, as well as while we're there.  We're splitting the gasoline cost, to make it affordable.

However, I'd love to have Thanksgiving with our son in Georgia.  His two older kids live nearby, so I see them fairly often.  But as for Jim, Deb, and Lyndsay, I haven't seen them since last July 4.  And with gasoline prices like they are, who knows when we'll see them?

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I, from time to time, read your Georgia son's journal....and he is a hoot...LOL...and they do make a beautiful family....Hugs Ora

Anonymous said...

Great looking family. If you ever go to Ga. I am pretty close to it. Helen

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun.  Have a safe and happy trip
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture.  I hope you have a great trip to Wisconsin.  It sounds like it will be a neat trip.  Blessings, Penny

Anonymous said...

Every southerner I've met has hated the weather in Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

Mosie,  I hope you have a wonderful time in Wisconsin with your family!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...even over Christmas.  
This year, I will be spending it alone, and working.  I won't see any of my family..

Jackie

Anonymous said...

going TO Wisconsin?  on purpose?  ROFL - hope you don't get stuck in a snow storm :-)  http://pixiedustnme.blogspot.com/2005/11/im-thankful.html

Anonymous said...

hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I'm headed to Georgia.

Derek

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry
http://journals.aol.com/mkolasa101/PurelyPoetry