Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Saturday Six Lives On!!!

Picture from Hometown

No, Patrick hasn't given us this week's Saturday Six yet.  But I was over at his new place, and he says he's going to set up a seperate blog for the Saturday Six and the Sunday Seven, and go on with them.  Read his statement HERE.

In like manner, John Scalzi is not restricting his weekend assignments and Monday Photoshoots to AOL bloggers; anyone can participate. 

As I quoted in a comment in Patrick's journal, "Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God."  Matthew 5:9

I'm not mad at anyone for leaving J-land.  I've found I can keep track of them over there  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>           

I did make one tiny token protest about the advertisements:  I called AOL and cancelled my account, and when asked why, I told them about the ads in the journals.  They gave me the customary free month.  I won't be leaving, though.  I just wanted to get my protest on the record.  I'll call in mid-December and tell them I'm staying.  AOL costs me $9.99 a month; I listen almost constantly to AOL radio, and I have my free firewall and anti-virus.

Let's get along, shall we?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Donna.  I will participate as well!  Blessings, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

I agree with you although we had AOL for 9.99 a month for 6 months and we were supposed to call them at the end of that period and keep it permanent so hubby called them and they said it was permanent & we wouldn't have to call again, guess what? Yes they are now back to charging the 14.99 price. I know, we need to call them again but it's such a hassle to get someone who speaks English. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. maybe I'll call them up and complain, just so I can get a free month of AOL! lol  It would well be worth it, at this point!

I agree about us all getting along! It doesn't matter where the peeps on my alerts go.. If they leave me a place to reach them, then I will find them.. :)

So, Sooo glad you aren't leaving, Mosie.. :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you Girls are getting a bargan. I have been with AOL for 10 years and I pay 23.95 a month. This is for the dial up service