Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday Photo-Shoot

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Landmarks


Time to look through your photos, because this photo shoot is a bit of a challenge:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Display a picture you're taken of a famous man-made landmark. Significant buildings, big statues, great walls (particularly in China) -- it people put it together, it counts.

OK John, I've chosen a fairly new man-made landmark.  In June of 2004 I paid my first visit to Washington, DC, thanks to the hospitality of my dear friend Joanna.


If any of you wants to take part in the photo-shoot, make your entry and leave the link to that entry here, at John's journal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool picture!  http://journals.aol.com/pixiedustnme/Inmyopinion/entries/1327

Anonymous said...

Verdy nice!
http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes/entries/1247

Anonymous said...

Ah!  That's another place I'd like to see!  There's so much new stuff to visit in the DC area since I was last there, circa 1986. (Or was it the 1970s?)

Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/2101

Anonymous said...

I went to visit my Secret Service sister in D.C. about seven years ago (when we still got along).  I have to say that the Lincoln Memorial moved me, but the Vietnam Memorial hit me really hard.  Even late at night, there were people talking to the wall, leaving flowers, bottles of rum, packs of cigarettes, and even baseball cards for the men and women they missed so much.  And they cried.  It was at that moment I knew that war was wrong.  

Russ

Anonymous said...

Good picture Mosie.  I remember taking it.  And it was a great time.  I can't wait for you to come back.

La Banana