Monday, November 28, 2005

The last pics of our weekend trip

As soon as the sun was up Friday morning, I went walking in the snow; I'd taken my coveralls and boots for this occasion.  When I opened the front door and went out, Jake seemed to know what I had in mind, and headed for a path that leads into the woods.  It was quite refreshing.  If I fell too far behind that giant of a dog, he'd stop and look back, waiting for me.  At one point I heard something that I thought might be wolves howling; I found out later that the next neighbor on Rena's road has sled dogs, and they often howl in unison.  It was an eerie sound, and I was glad Jake was with me.

Saturday I talked Cliff into taking the walk with me, and once again, Jake was our guide.

Sunday morning the temperatures were much warmer, around the freezing mark... but it was sleeting.  So for our first hour or so, on the way home, Pat drove slowly and carefully.  Once we got beyond that, he went back to his speeding.  But he looked good doing it.  (That's one of his favorite sayings.)  We ran into huge, long lines of traffic, but our journey home still only took about twelve hours.  I do love a road trip. 

Back to life as usual.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture makes me wish we'd get some snow.    It looks like a wonderful place to take a walk and just enjoy.  ~Sie

Anonymous said...

Mosie, that picture is so pretty...is that a lake in the foreground? Eithere way, it is beautiful...I love snow! That was a long trip...I thought our trip to my brother's house in Ky. was long...(8 hours) but wow! I love the way you and Cliff find things to do together! Like the crossword!
Take care,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

loved all the pictures; but especially liked the one with the dog and the snow. So pretty!

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted that picture again and bigger.  I love the way the dog tracks go all over.  
Thanks for all the pictures.  It looks like fun was had by all.
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pics from your road trip.  What a neat pic.  I guess that is the sunrise thru the wooded area there.  They'd have had to bound and gag me if I'd been in the car with someone going 88.  I can do 78 LOL.  And also, I'd have been scared driving in the snowy areas.
Take care.  Hubby must have read my entry today.  He's awfully quiet tonight. Off to sleepy land.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good time and got home safe and sound too, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. All but the 88mph. LOL Glad you are home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Bet Jake was hating to see you go, his walking friend.  Bet Mandy was glad to see you and Cliff back at home. Helen

Anonymous said...

I feel like I took that trip with you,and I enjoyed every minute of it!  Thank you so much for brightening up my days Mosie..   I love the pictures, and the way you put it all together!

Thank you my friend... for sharing your life..  You always make me smile..   :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

My dog would LOVE those woods! We have to walk pretty far to get to the wooded area around here, and the colors came out nice early in the morn, huh? Thanx for sharing your trip with us. ~Diane~

Anonymous said...

Welcome back hun. Glad you enjoyed yourself and got back home safely.
Thanks for the pictures. Looks beautiful up there but sheesh...8 degrees?
*Shivers*

It never gets that cold down here in GA. Yes, I'm a whimp...I know.

-Raven