Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"The Donald Factor"

Well, I didn't intend to do another entry.  But here's the scoop:

Cliff's brother, Donald, is sort of a "loose cannon".  (That's him in the picture.)  He's been married at least five times, not to mention the women he's lived with in between marriages. 

He's a great mechanic, if he doesn't get in too big a hurry.  If he works on your car, you always keep in mind the "Donald factor".  In other words, if he got restless or antsy while doing the job, it may not work out.

Donald is coming here to take us to Wisconsin.  Or, he was.  We'd go in  his SUV-type vehicle, and the rest of us would split the gasoline costs.

He called Cliff the other day and mentioned that his vehicle hadn't been running quite right. 

Cliff told him if there was a problem, we could take our Mercury Grand Marquis.  Five people will fit in it, and there's a big trunk.  Don told him he'd see how his car did on the way here, but he figured it would get us to Wisconsin.

I got a call from Don about a half-hour ago.  He's in the area, but he wanted me to call some guy for him and tell him to come and get him.  Which I did.

Evidently the guy was expecting a call, because he immediately said, "I'll go get him."

It's the Donald factor.  I love Cliff's family (I mean that with all my heart); there's never been a dull moment.

Now I'm sitting here wondering who is going to sit in the middle, in the back seat of our car, on the way to Wisconsin.

Pray for us.  (We'll have a blast.)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like one of those moments you will keep in memory, lol  by the way, where in Wisconsin are you going? Maybe I can keep a look out if you tell me what color your car is... LOL  I don't suppose you are coming as far as Green Bay?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sitting here giggling. You just got love those family moments!!!  No wonder God made us all so different...he has a great sense of humor and it keeps us entertained!  Good Luck! Hope nobody suffers from motion sickness! LOL

Anonymous said...

Every family has those 'factors' - Have a safe trip!  'On Ya ' - ma

Anonymous said...

LOL.  I hope you pack the camera cause it sounds like it's gonna be one heck of a trip.  ~Sie  http://siepfft.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hehe

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the uh...closeness!   I'm not dealing with the mole until after the holidays, but thanks for being concerned.  Love you, Donna!!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

I am just going around catching up on journals I have neglected reading in a long time.
I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful, and that you don't get stuck in the middle of the back seat, lol.  Have a safe trip!
http://journals.aol.com/jillannemarie/HousewifeLife/

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and fun trip... who knows, maybe you'll find yet another wife for Donald while away!! LOL...

Happy Bird-day!!

http://herethereandeverywhere2ndedition.blogspot.com/

http://journals.aol.co.uk/deslily/HereThereEverywhere2/

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip, Donna!  However you get there, you will enjoy.  Blessings, Penny

Anonymous said...

Have a good and safe trip! I'll be thinking of you all! lol ~Diane~

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I'm the "Donald" in my family.  Possibly worse.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a safe and happy trip!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy motoring, I guess!! LOL rich

Anonymous said...

Well, I sure hope the ride went well!  LOL.  The best made plans....often go awry when family is involved!

Anonymous said...

I just took a long drive with my mother, Susan, Samantha and their dog Ninna.  She has her own car seat and nips when she's in it.  Real close quarters.  She behaved herself big time this time.  
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip was a safe and happy one. Return soon.
We miss you!

-Raven