Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cabin in the fall

I'm thankful for my cabin in the woods.  I'll leave you with this shot, taken this afternoon, as I bid you goodbye for a couple of days.  We head north to Wisconsin at 1 AM in the morning.

I have to confess, I find this time of year depressing.  I love autumn when the leaves are showing off their colors, but once the woods looks like this, it appears stark and desolate.

Deer season ended yesterday, so I felt safe paying a quick visit to the cabin, to see what it feels like in late fall.  The two dogs followed me, of course, and went chasing about the woods while I sat on the porch.  I'm never sure just how alone I am there, since Luke and Tyler go back in that vicinity to smoke their stolen cigarettes.  They showed up once when I was relaxing on my deck there.

I'll bet Luke's mom thinks she is sure smoking more, lately.

Anyway, I'll share my woods with them.  But I'll keep the lock on my cabin door.

     

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your cabin in the woods.   What is the inside  like? One room of simple accomidations?  Do you go there in the winter?   What a view you must have the seaons come and go.
pinkroseal

Anonymous said...

I love your woods anytime of the year.  These are cold looking pictures and make me want to back up to a good ole wood fire.  Have a good trip and when you get back it'll be time to start thinking about Christmas.  Will you have one of the "upside down Christmas trees"?   They are not for me.

Anonymous said...

It looks about the same here too - only now the snow is blowing in.  The horizon changed from a golden glow to grey, black and brown...stark is the word all right.

Have a safe and happy trip !  I'll be looking forward to hearing about it all when you are back !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Wisconsin.... drive carefully as we have had snow here lately.... Have fun will wait to hear about what you did, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on your trip! And Have a wonerful Turkey Day!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and a good time. Happy Thanksgiving
Tess

Anonymous said...

Kind of has a sad and lonely look to it...  Maybe just because you presented your entry the way you did..

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Mosie!  Drive safe, and come back with lots of pictures and stories to tell about your Thanksgiving journey! :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

The woods do seem lonely and desolate in winter.....with the dead leaves and all.....nice spot for your cabin tho! Nice pictures too......too bad you didn't snap any of the dogs....maybe next time? *wink* ~Diane~

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add-Have a safe trip! ~Diane~

Anonymous said...

Hope those guys don't catch the woods on fire smoking. Have fun on your holiday. cliff's brother should get together with my classmate from high school. She has been married five times too. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

I want a cabin in the woods toooooo!

Anonymous said...

Be careful.
Happy Thanksgiving.
I agree. I love the fall of the year but when the leaves are gone and winter has yet to make her full appearance, I feel sad