Thursday, November 3, 2005

another day

Yes, my expensive, custom-made orthotics do seem to be working.  So much so that I hate to take my shoes off!

We only went four laps at the track again yesterday because some guys were coming to pick up the old "flood tractor", and Cliff needed to be here to help load it.

Hopefully we'll do five laps at the park today, if Cliff thinks we have time before we do some necessary errands.

Monica, who will be ten in a few days, was having a bad morning when she arrived today.  I warned her that in the next few years she will have moody spells because hormones will start raging.  She will cry for no reason and feel angry for no reason, and it's all part of growing up.  I also explained to her that her parents work hard and have to spend time commuting to their jobs, and life isn't easy for them, and they will sometimes say the wrong things and hurt her feelings; so she'll have to make allowances for them.  I believe the talk soothed her a bit, because she decided to have a cup of hot cocoa that she had earlier declined, followed by a carton of yogurt.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the new inserts helps. You mentioned the flood of 93.
We can relate to the snow of 93. The deepest I had ever seen but not the deepest my parents had ever seen. It was 18½ inches deep in our back yard. In March at that. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hey Mosie....glad the inserts help....worth every penny huh?...and I know what you are talking about with Monica...Chancey has and/or is still going thru this phase....up and down....we try to be patient....explaining things....or just by being a bit more loving...but mostly we just wait...and she comes...wanting to talk or to be with us...guess I was that way...LOL...just don't remember....somethings are worth forgetting LOLOL....Hugs...Ora

Anonymous said...

Awww Donna!  You are such a sweet gramma to explain to Monica that she'd be having plenty of off days instead of what so many others would do - yell and tell her to suck it up and smile...  I dunno why but that made my day....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

How come you weren't my Gramma....you say the sweetest things....

Bye for now.  Back on the 14th.

Love,

Joanna

Anonymous said...

What a great grandma you are.  Consolation to the young is very important.  Their feelings are so easily hurt.  You seem to get enough exercise walking to the cabin and around - now the track too! - you do put me to shame.  I'm at a desk all day and usually go home and sit at the computer or at my desk in the craft room for a good part of the evening.  And yes, I'm very out of shape .  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

as usual I agree with everyone....GOOD GRAMMA..... And you just know we are all jealous...at least I am....I sure wish I had your easy wise ways.

Anonymous said...

So glad those orthotics are helping hun. You'll by zipping around that track in no time. :-)

-Raven

Anonymous said...

Good advice from Grandma. Do you ever find snakes when you are out walking? I guess it is too cool there now anyway. We still have warm weather but not like the hot we had before. Paula

Anonymous said...

You're a darn good granny. Wow.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get this alert! Darnit!  

Well, anyway, I'm glad you got your orthotics and that they make walking much easier for you!

That was a very good talk you had with Monica...  I'm sure it helped her alot.  She drank the hot chocolate and ate the yogurt...so, yep.. I would say it worked!  :)

jackie