Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Saturday Six

Picture from Hometown

1. How many products throughout your home are labelled "antibacterial."

My Equate Liquid hand soap

2. As a general rule, and assuming any required knocking on wood, how often do you get anything more serious than a sniffle or mild cold?

I worked for five years at my last job without ever missing work because of illness.  I had a stomach virus of some sort over the Christmas holidays, 2003... didn't miss work because we were off for the holiday.  I usually have 2 or 3 mild colds each cold-and-flu season.  I'm a firm believer in the flu shot, and I got mine for this year a couple of weeks ago.

3. John Scalzi ran
this story about research that suggests the increased use of "antibacterial" products aren't necessary for people who are generally healthy, and might be causing the creation of "superbugs" that are resistant to antibiotics.  Are you more likely to avoid these products after reading about studies like this?

If someone makes a liquid hand soap that is not anti-bacterial, I'll choose it.  Until they do, I'm not going back to bar soap for hand-washing.

4. Take this
quiz:  Will you pass the U.S. Citizenship Test?

I failed.

5. Now that the gas prices have dropped just a little (but nowhere near enough), what's the most you've paid for a gallon of gas so far?

$3.19

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #76 from
Psychfun:   What was your favorite cereal as a kid?  When was the last time you had a bowl of it?

Cheerios!  I remember a time when I called all cereal cheerios.  My second favorite was shredded wheat.  I have shredded wheat often, even today.  It's probably been a month since I've had any Cheerios.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already got a flu shot???  Dang!  I need to get one fast.  This year has already been bad enough on my body.  Don't think I can take many more assaults.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!  I refuse to use bar soap to wash my hands.  If we are traveling and there is only bar soap, I will run down to the nearest store and buy some liquid.  Sometimes I think far enough ahead and bring some with me.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't play the Saturday Six this time, but I did take that American Citizen Test, and I failed too!  That's sad!  Really sad!   I just hated American History when I was in school, and it shows today.  I'm probably more interested in it today, than I was then.  Still failed though.. (tsk tsk)
As far as gas goes... the most I have paid is 2.99... so far.  Right now it's down to 2.79.   I hope it keeps dropping!

Jackie