1. How many products throughout your home are labelled "antibacterial."
My Equate Liquid hand soap
2. As a general rule, and assuming any required knocking on wood, how often do you get anything more serious than a sniffle or mild cold?
I worked for five years at my last job without ever missing work because of illness. I had a stomach virus of some sort over the Christmas holidays, 2003... didn't miss work because we were off for the holiday. I usually have 2 or 3 mild colds each cold-and-flu season. I'm a firm believer in the flu shot, and I got mine for this year a couple of weeks ago.
3. John Scalzi ran this story about research that suggests the increased use of "antibacterial" products aren't necessary for people who are generally healthy, and might be causing the creation of "superbugs" that are resistant to antibiotics. Are you more likely to avoid these products after reading about studies like this?
If someone makes a liquid hand soap that is not anti-bacterial, I'll choose it. Until they do, I'm not going back to bar soap for hand-washing.
4. Take this quiz: Will you pass the U.S. Citizenship Test?
5. Now that the gas prices have dropped just a little (but nowhere near enough), what's the most you've paid for a gallon of gas so far?
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #76 from Psychfun: What was your favorite cereal as a kid? When was the last time you had a bowl of it?
Cheerios! I remember a time when I called all cereal cheerios. My second favorite was shredded wheat. I have shredded wheat often, even today. It's probably been a month since I've had any Cheerios.