Thursday, September 15, 2005

Crazy dogs

I spent almost two hours at the cabin yesterday after my granddaughters went home, listening to Floyd Westerman sing Indian songs, and watching my dog, Mandy, and her friend Buddy.  I have no idea what they thought they were chasing, but they were dead earnest in their pursuit of whatever demon it was.  Buddy barked a lot... short, angry, staccato barks.  Mandy isn't very vocal, so she only dug and probed with her nose, and sometimes went to see what Buddy was barking at. 

Just before heading back to the house, I took this shot from my porch.

It's so pretty back there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those dogs!  I really wonder what they smell.  Another 'possum?  A racoon?  another dog-food stealing mouse?  Who knows?  It's gotta be exciting, though.

Anonymous said...

Mosie, it must be so beautiful to live where you do.  I used to love visiting my Aunt and Uncle back in Pennsylvania.  They had a huge farm (like yours), with a Gone with The Wind type of house, and I just could never get enough of being there.  I always wanted to stay there, even when I was a teenager, and could have been off doing things with my other teen cousins.  In my heart of hearts, I want to live in the country.  Somewhere where it's green and woodsy.

I just love your pictures!  

Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Waitingtoexhale/entries/620

Anonymous said...

I just love your pictures of the dogs.  They are so funny.  You have such fun.  I love it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some blue skies tonight. It was still rainy and cloudy here, but very welcomed. Your vista is beautiful.  (The apple cake is devine!)  Anne  

Anonymous said...

I laughed to see those dogs hunting their varmits! I think maybe a sqirrell or field mouse, maybe?
That picture of the sunset was so beautiful, no wonder you chose that spot for your cabin.
love ya.
carlene

Anonymous said...

...and spooky.  Please don't have any "Blair Witch" moments in the woods.  

Anonymous said...

Those dogs are adorable!