Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Family entry... my first granddaughter

When my son's family had been in Germany almost two years, Amber was born.  About the time she was a month old, she, her mom, and her brother Arick came to stay with us for the rest of Jim's time overseas.  While Cliff and I bonded like crazy with Arick, Amber seemed to be strictly a momma's baby, and cried every time I went near her (quite unusual, since I normally get along great with babies).

Oh, but she was a lovely little child, and somewhere along the line she decided to accept us.

Later on, when Amber was four, she spent a month with us.  I started calling her "Beautiful Girl" all the time.  One Sunday at church a lady turned around and said to her, "What's your name?"

"Bootiful goryal," she answered.

She is a born shopper.  Unlike most small children, she never got bored when she went shopping with her mom.  She loved looking at all the "stuff" for sale.  She was forever fascinated with shoes, clothes and jewelry.  I once peeked open my eyes during a prayer at church just in time to see her reaching for a woman's dangling earring.  I recall her sometimes getting down in the floor in a crowd to examine someone's high heels. 

Amber is the one who uses my spare computer the most.  At age seventeen, she still spends an occasional night here.  She is the one who keeps my mind open to different kinds of music, and it's for her that I've gone to two "Van's Warped Tours". 

Her heart breaks so easily, I wish I could put her inside a bubble where she would never be hurt again.  God bless my "Beautiful Girl".

I have a busy few days coming up, and my entries may be few and far between.  But I still have four grandchildren to introduce to you.  I'll get around to each of them eventually.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and it sounds as if she has a beautiful personality also. Helen

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet the rest of the kids.....

Have a wonderful time.  I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

What can I say Mosie???? You are blessed with some beautiful grandchildren!!!!
CArlene