1. When was the last time you looked your significant other in the eye and told him or her how much they mean to you? Cliff was driving and we were headed down the road at about fifty-five mph at the time of our last such heart-to-heart, so I don't suppose we were looking one another in the eye; but it was only a couple days ago that we discussed how we are one another's best friends, and agreed life will be difficult for whichever one of us lives longer.
2. Which business do you have the longest continuous relationship with: your bank, your auto insurance provider, your home telephone provider, your cellular phone provider, or your cable company? How long have you been with them? We took out State Farm Insurance when we lived at the first home we bought, so that would be the longest... at least 35 years.
3. What is the most embarrassing question you've ever been asked? I'm sure I've been asked some, but I'm drawing a blank just now.
4. You have the ability to snap your fingers and be instantly transported to one of three places whenever you wish to go there. Which three places would you select as your destinations? 1. A cabin in the Colorado Rockies 2. a campground in the Colorado Rockies 3. the beach at South Padre Island
5. Last week, the Reader's Choice question asked you to identify your favorite movie line. Later this month, the American Film Institute will list the 100 Greatest Movie Lines of all time. Which one do you expect to win? "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
6. You are given the gift of an original oil painting by any famous artist. What painting would you choose and why?
In all honesty, I'm not that familiar with artists or their work. But years ago, when visiting the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, the paintings that mesmerized me were the old landscapes. I love any realistic picture of the outdoors. So I googled up my answer for this question, and came up with Rembrandt's "Landscape With A Stone Bridge".