Wednesday, March 2, 2005

nice winter day

Since I spent $75 getting Blue shod Monday, I decided to make him earn his keep this evening, and I rode him for twenty or thirty minutes, up the road and across a field.  Then I got Prince out and tried my luck with him.  He's been "balky" lately, and won't go far from Blue; but I ride him in the small area he's willing to traverse.  Eventually, he's bound to get bored and want to venture out a bit.

Tomorrow will be the third and last workday for me, this week.

I'm still reading James Patterson's "Kiss The Girls"; today as I read in the Kansas City Star about the "BTK" fellow in Wichita, I realized the whole thing is exactly like a novel James Patterson would write!  If they'd had Alex Cross (the star of many Patterson books) in Kansas, the guy would have been captured years ago. 

July this year is going to busy but fun.  I'm excited with all the plans I'm making.  July 2, we're having a reunion here with any of Cliff's relatives who want to take part.  All his siblings will make an appearance.  Both our kids will be here.  Cliff's cousins are invited, too.

Then later on in July, some of our old chat room group is going to get together right here in the Kansas City area.  One couple, Glenda and Rob, are from Scotland.  They are quite excited about seeing some of our midwest sights:  Truman Library, the Old Jackson County Jail, Fort Osage, and many other places.  I'm having great fun planning all this.  It's going to be a summer to remember!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like you have alot going on for July!!!
Carlene

Anonymous said...

Wow, bet your looking forward to summer! Sounds like it is going to be fun/exhausting/exciting! <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

This is so odd. Just yesterday I emailed my 4th of July invites out to several people......guess we must be looking forward to summer, hey Mo?   Anne

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the "Arabia" ship thing down at the River Market.  My folks have seen it twice and just can't seem to get enough of it.  I take them, but I'm bored out of my damn mind -- but you probably already would've guessed that.  ;)   Russ

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your journal. I like the idea of living in the country and I love horses! Lucky.It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to your Family Reunion, too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun July to me too.  Our family reunion is in June.
What all do you all talk about in the chat room?  Is it just kinda like journaling only instantaneous?  
Same folks same time?Have a good day.

Sonya