Friday, March 25, 2005

I love morels

These things grow in abundance on our 40+ acres from late March through early May.  But they tend to grow in the most inaccessable places.  My knees will allow me to go up or down the slopes once or twice, but to traverse over and over on the slopes (quiet necessary when searching for morels) is impossible.  My good neighbor, Marvin, is likely to get to the mushrooms before I can get back there.  More power to him.

It's like everything in life.  If God wants me to find some morels, I will.  If not, life is so good that I can't complain.  There are, after all, more important things than morel mushrooms.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those things look weird. You don't eat those kind do you? They are pretty though. Helen

Anonymous said...

They look like sponges, don't they?   Anne

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY"

Anonymous said...

Well, if a sunny day, following a rainy day, falls on a weekend, I'd say you should enlist your daughter and granddaughters to help!  I've never successfully gone mushroom hunting, and it's about time I did!

Anonymous said...

Never been mushroom hunting. Do you eat this kind? I wouldn't know what to look for. Paula

Anonymous said...

Morels, yummy.  I've often thought they grow in difficult to get to places simply because they're so delicious.

Anonymous said...

That is certainly a prize winning photo of a morel or rather a bunch of morel.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, is THAT what that nasty stuff is called!!  My ex used to bring those bad boys home after a day of "hunting" for them with his dad, and then I'd have to bread them up and fry them... ack!  the smell!  :oX