Sunday, February 6, 2005

happy times

That's my daughter, Rachel, on her little Arabian, Brat.  He's pretty high-strung, and needs to be ridden every day for a while... but I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to horses with an ornery streak.  If I can work up the nerve, I'll see what I can do with him.  The first thing I'll do is find something else to call him:  Words have power ("Death and life are in the power of the tongue..." Proverbs 18:21) and if you call someone "Brat" all the time, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  So, I'll figure out some kinder, gentler moniker.  Others may use whatever name they see fit; but he will no longer be "Brat" to me.  For more pictures of our day yesterday, see Rachel's journal.

I'm set for the Super Bowl:  I have cheese ball made, and also the hamburger dip, which I only have to warm up later.  We'll have the family favorite potato soup for our noon meal, and I'll make some gingerbread and Jello salad.  Easy fixin's! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUmmy! I love potato soup!  And Cheese balls!!!!! Try putting Brat on a linge rope and get him used to being commanded again.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so pretty and has the sweetest smile! She reminds me alot of my daughter Amanda! I love the horse, he is so beautiful! I knew that words have power but had forgotten the passage in the Bible you mentioned! Thanks for a reminder!
Carlene
p.s. I am gonna trot over to Rachel's journal now!

Anonymous said...

Pretty girl, ornery horse. Sounds pretty routine to me! rich