1. Which of the following is your favorite store and why?
C) K Mart
Must be Wal-Mart, since I’m there almost every week. I never shop at Target. All our Kmarts have closed. And I only go to Sears with Cliff when he’s buying tools.
2. How far does your closest friend who's not in the same town as you live, and when was the last time you saw them in person?
To be honest, I don’t have "close" friends in the usual sense, except for my husband. I have good friends, but I’m not the type to spend a lot of time with someone, or talk on the phone. I’m pretty weird, and don’t have much in common with most people. Joanna gets about as near to that description as anyone: I invited myself to spend a week with her and tour Washington, DC, and she seemed happy to oblige.
3. Have you ever gone on a date with someone you met online? Would you?
I’ve been married since long before I got online. I’m not sure if I would date someone I met online or not... I’ve sure made some genuine friends online, so who knows?
4. What is your favorite novel and what makes it stand out for you?
Right now, I’d say "Seabiscuit", because after I read it, I just had to have a horse. That led me to buying my Blue, and he’s been one of the best things that ever happened to me.
5. You get snowed in at your home for three days. You have power and telephone service, but no way to leave the house. How will you amuse yourself?
I have electricity? So what’s the problem, anyhow? Since I don’t drive, spending three days at home is nothing new for me. I have the computer; what more could I ask?
6. A fellow journaler you consider a friend disappears from J-land. Visitors leave comments in the journal but they get no response. You send the journaler an E-mail to make sure everything is okay, and despite the fact that you see that it has been read, you get no reply. What do you do?
Obviously he/she wants to be left alone. I’ll oblige. Maybe this is why I don’t have "close" friends.