Sunday, January 9, 2005

Cinnamon flat

I got up at four AM, wishing I had time to make cinnamon rolls for the girls and Cliff, but knowing there wasn't time, before early church.  The girls had left one of my cookbooks on the table, and I picked it up and looked at coffeecake recipes.  I found a simple one with nuts and raisins, and mixed it up.  This took me back to the time when I first met Cliff's family; his mom was a "hillbilly" from the Lake of the Ozarks area, and sometimes for breakfast she'd make "cinnamon flat".  It was really just a simple coffeecake.  Since then, any home-made coffeecake I make is dubbed a cinnamon flat. 

I've been feeding Cliff breakfast in bed for years now, when I'm not at work.  I don't see how he can eat laying down like that, but he has no problem at all.  I'd get heartburn!  Not to mention the coffee running out the corners of my mouth.  He was very pleased with my cinnamon flat idea.  That's his second piece.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, is pop's going to like everyone seeing him eating.......lol

Anonymous said...

Too funny..I have that same tablecloth :-)
Men are funny huh....
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the 'what I'm hearing' part of the journal...I LOVE that song!!!  :)  What a flashback memory...my grandma used to sing it to me....  I wonder if I can find a DL version somewhere.....
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Like father like son, now i know where Jim gets it from... lol

Anonymous said...

mosie  your hubby sure seems to be  at home for the internet to see him in bed lool.  your family is an open book of surprises  keep going nice to meet your family. mandmblues43