Wednesday, December 29, 2004

What a year was 2004

In February, my daughter and I flew to visit my sister.  We'd planned the trip for January, but my mom passed away on the week we'd have gone, and my sister was here, rather than our being there.

February is a great time to go south.  It was cold and snowing in Kansas City, but lovely in Mission, Texas.  I enjoyed sitting on the patio with temperatures in the 70's and thinking about the cold climate at home.

We happened to be traveling on Super Bowl Weekend; since that event was held in Dallas, it was NOT a great time to switch planes in that town.  But we survived, and the people-watching was great.

This was the first of many memorable travels and events in 2004.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos and memories!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl