Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I'm praying for our troops overseas

                                  

I can't help but think about the families of all the service-people in Iraq.  They've no doubt seen or heard the news (Click here) and are wondering if their relative was there, eating lunch.  I remember that feeling, from when my son was in that place, during another war.  May God help our troops, and be with their families. 

Twenty-some families, as of today, won't be having a very merry Christmas this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself wondering if I can buy all of the things that the kids want, then I see something like this entry.  If my kids get no presents, they still have their parents.  So many kids won't see their dad or mom this year...may never see them again.  God Almighty, be with these families.  This whole thing just sucks.

Anonymous said...

How many more tragic phone calls and doorbell rings will happen between now and the end of 2005?  2006?  I don't pray.  I haven't even tried in the past 20 years.  I stick to 'hope'.  I hope the troops will be brought home quickly.  As in "NOW".