Thursday, December 9, 2004

How I'm doing, back at work

That's me at work, three years ago, proudly holding my Radio Frequency gun.  Behind me is one of the "mods" I walk up and down all day. 

I'm really doing better on the job than I expected, after my long medical leave at home.  They've been offering lots of "Voluntary Time Off" days (VTO's), which means you may choose not to work that day, and Early Quits (EQ's), where they tell us we can go home after four hours if we want.  I don't really care for the EQ's; half the effort of having a job is getting to the workplace, so once I'm there, I'd just as soon stay for the whole day.  I did take Tuesday off, which helped me ease back into the work scene.  There's not a lot to do in my department, so some of us were sent downstairs yesterday to a job that required our walking all day on concrete, without the benefit of rubber mats that we're used to upstairs.  I survived better than I expected. 

Christmas week I'll probably only work two days; the same with New Year's week.  There's so little to do, the schedule will only be for three workdays on those weeks, and they're letting us choose to take off the others, without getting docked for our holiday pay.  So I do have it pretty easy right now.  I'm fairly well determined to at least keep my job till I'm fully vested in July, by any means:  FMLA (I still have 240 hours of that), occurances (three days off due to illness is one occurance, we're allowed 12 in a year before we're terminated) my two weeks' vacation time (that starts on February 1) and VTO's and EQ's!  Yes, I think I can do this, with the help of God and Ibuprofen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just found your journal and I think it is great!  There's so much good reading here and it will take some time to go through the entries.  But, I will become a regular reader.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Yes, Never underestimate the power of God, Ibuprofen and ENTERIC coated asprin. (helps with blood flow)   AMEN    ANNE

Anonymous said...

Mosie, I am so glad to hear this. As I said before, it's another answered prayer.

Love,

Bnana

Anonymous said...

Great! This is good news. Hope you can hang in there and get vested.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever looked that happy at work!  lol

Anonymous said...

With God's help I know you will make it. you seem according to the picture that you like your job. Paula

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Aleve? My stepfather has horrible knee problems and uses it. My mom suggested it for my back and it really has helped quite a bit. :-) ---Robbie