Tuesday, November 16, 2004

thinking of the families

Killed in Iraq.

Such a child.

They just want to get back with their comrades as soon as possible.

Here is the reason those faces affect me so much, and why I can relate to how their families feel:  That's my son, Jim, taken during Desert Storm in 1991.  I remember how awful it was to watch the news during that time. 

I pray for all our troops, and also for the moms and dads who wonder, "Will my boy (or girl) come home?"  Because I was once in their shoes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary and sad. :-(

Anonymous said...

I do thank you for the pictures. I always pray for the men and women fighting for our country, and for their families.
*Barb* http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

May God enfold his angels' wings of love and safety over them.     Anne

Anonymous said...

A very thoughtful entry and a very serious one. I too pray for the troops and their families. Paula

Anonymous said...

Thankfully back in 91 it didn't last as long or was as brutal as this mess now. I was pretty scared back then because I was in the inactive reserves. Had it gone on much longer I could have been called back to duty even though I had been out for 3 years already. But, you know, I think I'm more stressed out now because it seems so much more real for some reason. So very sad. :-( ---Robbie