Monday, October 25, 2004

back from surgery

The doctor did some meniscus repair; that's a cartilage that was torn, somewhere in my knee.  I feel fine.   I don't even have to use crutches, unless I need to for discomfort.  So far pain is minimal, but I'm on Vicodin.  I'll be off work at least eight weeks.  Most of that time I can draw 66% of my normal pay, so we shouldn't have any huge financial problems.

There is no guarantee that this surgery will help.  It's sort of a roll of the dice.  The doctor told Cliff that I'll eventually have to have knee replacement, but that comes as no surprise.  I just want to work a little longer before it comes to that.

No horseback riding for at least two weeks; that's when I see the doctor again.  One point in my favor, on that note, is that the doctor is a horsewoman!  So I'm thinking she'll be open-minded about the situation.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post.  I've been waiting to hear.  At least there is a chance that you will be able to work a bit longer.  I hope the pain stays minimal.

I worry about you.  :o)

J

Anonymous said...

Boy Mo, I had no clue you were having surgery.  Sorry I am so out of touch.  But I'm glad you're home and doing this well.  You know you'll be in my prayers.  I'm also glad to hear you'll be able to return to work, even if it's for a short while.  It's easier when we get to let go of things slowly.  Who knows:  Maybe by the time you have to get knee replacement, they'll have a model good for 10 years or 1,000,000 miles (whichever comes first), and you'll be able to work until you're ready to retire.  lol  Even though you can't "ride" Blue, you can still enjoy his good company.  Read to me or let him follow you around on Cliff's riding mower.  Just a thought....

Anonymous said...

Hope the surgery works. you might be able to ride soon, since your doctor is a horsewoman. Sure hope so. Hugs. Keeping you in prayer. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

So this is how you get out of working the busy season.. HA HA HA!!.. Glad all is well. Enjoy your time off and do not forget to use your movie passes that you won!! I will be waiting for your return as my passenger in the drive to and from work. I miss you...
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Mo, Glad you got through it alright, and not in much pain. Do you see your 3 dots, LOL. It will get better with therapy and the leg exercises.
Take care climbing steps and gettin on and off Ol' Blue.
Take care and God Bless you and Cliff.

Anonymous said...

Please know I'm sending you some good, healing vibes.

I probably don't have to warn a smart lady like you that Vicodin is one of the most addictive drugs on the legal market.  Be careful, hon.  Those types of meds can really sneak up on you.  I ran into big problems with Xanax...and I never knew it was an issue until I was already in trouble.

Rest well and eat well and know that a weirdo dude is wishing you well.

R