Sunday, September 19, 2004

a nice family day

Well, I would have had the picture of a lifetime today... but my daughter didn't tell us until after the fact:  seven-year-old Natalie rode Blue, in his dry lot pen, ALONE.  Nobody was leading the horse.  She had the reins and was in control.  Of course Rachel, her mom, was keeping a sharp eye on her.  This is why I bought a horse... so everyone in my family who wants to ride, can do so.  I'm sure there'll be another time, and I'll get pictures for sure.  Meanwhile, I'm just glad it happened.  Meanwhile, here's a picture taken this afternoon in the pasture of our entire cattle herd (five animals) with my favorite cottonwood tree in the foreground.

It sits down in a hollow, so you can't see the trunk.  When there's a breeze, it makes the loveliest sound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, now I feel guilty!  I promise, I'll take a picture next time.

Anonymous said...

Brook rode Belle yesterday!

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful property, and have family and friends all around you. God is so good !!! I love hearing of your country life.