Tuesday, September 14, 2004

in the pasture again

Lying on my quilt today, I looked up to see puffy white clouds floating by and changing shapes rapidly.  It was very relaxing. 

Turkey vultures drifted above me on the air currents, but every time I'd turn the camera on to take a picture, they were out of range.  They are unbelievably ugly creatures close-up, but soaring in the sky, they're as graceful and lovely as any eagle.

Mandy found some interesting digging, and threw dirt all over my quilt.

On the way back to the house, we passed Blue, grazing contentedly.

What a lovely place God has given me, and what a great world in which to live.

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

words & music by Carl G. Boberg and R.J. Hughes


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this journal. It's tranquil, the photography is stunning.  I'll be back to read you again.  :-)

mara