Sunday, August 1, 2004

Wow, did I get that dark tan at Van's Warped Tour?  And riding Blue?  I asked Amber, and she said I'm not quite that dark, but almost.

My dad's family reunion has always been the first Sunday in August, and one thing we could count on was the heat.  Missouri in August is just that way.  Not so today:  Amber and I had sleeveless tops on, prepared for what the weathermen said would be 94 degrees as a high.  When we arrived at Wallace State Park, it was around 70, with a 40 MPH wind out of the north.  Try getting plastic tableclothes and paper plates and napkins to stay in place in those conditions! 

We had met my sister at a commuter parking lot so she could ride along.  The day warmed up nicely by the time we ate;  as we expected, it was a small turnout.  I guess we'll keep giving it the old college try until we cousins start dying off.  Oh, by the time we got home, it was the predicted 94 degrees.  Good old Missouri!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of good things to eat. Send a little of that cool weather this way. Paula